ANS-083 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin

ampr.bbs.satZur Gruppenliste
Betreff: ANS-083 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin
Von: cx2sa@cx2sa
Gruppen: ampr.bbs.sat
Datum: 23. Mar 2020, 15:09:00
From: CX2SA@CX2SA.SAL.URY.SOAM
To  : SAT@AMSAT

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 083.01
 From AMSAT HQ KENSINGTON, MD.
DATE March 23, 2020
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-083.01

Sean Kutzko, KX9X, Appointed AMSAT Volunteer Coordinator

AMSAT President Clayton Coleman, W5PFG, has announced the appointment
of Sean Kutzko, KX9X, as Volunteer Coordinator.

First licensed in 1982 as KA9NGH, Kutzko served as both ARRL Contest
Branch Manager (2007-2013) and ARRL Media and Public Relations Mana-
ger (2013-2017). He was the creator and co-administrator of the ARRL
National Parks on the Air (NPOTA) program in 2016. An active HF and
VHF contester, DXer and backpack QRP enthusiast, Kutzko started work-
ing satellites in 2011 and has transmitted from over fifty different
grid squares. He has written instructional materials on satellite op-
erating for the AMSAT website, QST, and blogs regularly on satellite
topics for the DX Engineering blog "On All Bands."

"It's an honor to be able to volunteer for AMSAT," Kutzko said. "When
[new AMSAT president] Clayton [Coleman, W5PFG] asked if I would help
coordinate a team of volunteers, I jumped at the opportunity. AMSAT is
a great organization and helping find good volunteers who are willing
to help all areas of AMSAT's growth and development is the least I
could do for the organization that has given me a lot of enjoyment and
technical skill."

Outside of Amateur Radio, Kutzko is a freelance PR/communications
consultant and voiceover artist, as well as a baker of artisan breads,
pizza and pastries. He also plays drums in a classic rock/country
band, Silverweed. He lives in Urbana, Illinois.

[ANS thanks AMSAT President Clayton Coleman, W5PFG, for the above in-
formation]

Datum Thema#  Autor
23.03. o ANS-083 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin1cx2sa

"News-Portal" auf dem HAM-Web-Servfer DB0ERF.