XFBB 7.05g G0LGS m_filter

ampr.bbs.fbbZur Gruppenliste
Betreff: XFBB 7.05g G0LGS m_filter
Von: g4apl@gb7cip
Gruppen: ampr.bbs.fbb
Datum: 15. Nov 2014, 11:10:00
From: G4APL@GB7CIP.#32.GBR.EURO
To  : FBB@WW

Hello All

Thanks for reading this

XFBB 7.05g G0LGS m_filter

This is a follow up to my message sent in June 2014

LinFBB xfbb 7.05g
       g0lgs m_filter not kill, holding messages detected as it did
         with version xfbb 7.04L.
       Now I think xfbbd is ignoring the exit return values
# Message Check complete / Tell XFBB to accept message
        exit 0;
        Hold = exit 3;
        Kill = exit 1;
        Not being actioned.
KNOWN ISSUES from the xfbb Source 7.05g CHANGES file may be related
to the above issue.
- some functions are done via system() calls. However, observed return value
 invariably -1 while it should reflect the result of called program.
When programming in another context system calls
I do have the right return values. For the moment I don't know why it is not
the case in FBB...
However a clue toward a solution could be to use a fork for system callHowever a clue toward a solution could be to use a fork for system calls.

My current theory based on the above

1) Message received by GB7CIP xfbbd process
2) passed to Message Filter (m_filter) perl script

3) Message filter checks though message using the rules in the mfilter
   configuration file.
   Detects Good, Marks Held and Killed messages

4) Sends Messag4) Sends Messages to SysOp of actions taken  (Held, Killed)

5) Message Filter Exit process returns exit value to xfbbd
   # Message Check complete / Tell XFBB to accept message
        exit 0;
        Hold = exit 3;      Hold Message
        Kill = exit 1;      Kill Message

XFBBD  is ignoring these exit returned vaules

All messages are treated as accepted.

Is this part of the known issue as documented in the current CHANGES file
i.e.  Ignoring retuned values.

I still need to help with this.

73 de Paul G4APL@GB7CIP@gb7cip.#32.gbr.euro

Datum Thema#  Autor
15.11. o XFBB 7.05g G0LGS m_filter1g4apl

"News-Portal" auf dem HAM-Web-Servfer DB0ERF.