Re: PA3AKK > Lying or igrent?

ampr.bbs.sat-tvZur Gruppenliste
Betreff: Re: PA3AKK > Lying or igrent?
Von: g0tez@gb7cip
Gruppen: ampr.bbs.sat-tv
Datum: 28. Jul 2013, 00:25:00
From: G0TEZ@GB7CIP.#32.GBR.EU
To  : SATTV@WW

When I put out my original bull about pirates I was thinking of how, in the
UK, radio and TV were under state control, all with licences, The only
exception wa ham radio which had to have a licence too,

FM had been invented but was too complicated for me working just off spare and
ex WD parts.. Basically, my system was a high pwr Hartley oscillator with high
level AM from the amp etc driving it and a simple chicken wire AE. SWR was
estimated, ie.e. when the anodes stopped glowing the SWR was probably quite
low.

PA3AKK mentioned a lot of  true pirates which I had heard of, mainly operating
fro ships in the North Swa. None of them woul;d reach across the pond except
under wierd lift conditions. The main thing I have pride in is that my setup
was home brew and home designed. A lot of so-called pirates since then have
bought ready made units, usually short range FM. Not quite the same :-(

73 - Ian, G0TEZ @ GB7CIP

Message timed: 21:45 on 2013-Jul-27 GMT+1

Message sent using WinPack-Telnet V6.80

Datum Thema#  Autor
28.07. o Re: PA3AKK > Lying or igrent?1g0tez

"News-Portal" auf dem HAM-Web-Servfer DB0ERF.